The Willow

The Willow
A cold shadow standing firm. A sad skeleton on the surface, but holding a promise of hope, deep within. Swaying in the icy wind, embracing the torment of the storm and season all to bring forth life and beauty. Unashamed of its own lack of color, praise, and admiration, it dutifully stands fast fulfilling its purpose. A quiet passionate promise.
- Shy Willow

Monday, September 19, 2016

Style, Sensualism, and Passion

"Writing styles are not easy to come by, they are forged by fire, they are cooled by the tears of ones own eyes, and they are oiled by the authors own blood; sheathing that style is an entirely new level of pain."
Shy Willow

Over the past couple of years, and through the process of finishing my degree I have had the opportunity to learn the value of what my own writing style means to me. I learned the pain of hiding my own passion. I learned the disappointment of learning that people do not understand my style of writing, I felt the pain of rejection, and I also finally reached the point that I could smile say...that is OK!

You don't have to like, appreciate, nor approve of how I write, what I write about, nor if I in my passionate outpouring my grammar and spelling are not to par with my education. You are welcome to be judgmental. You are welcome to squirm in the layers of your own insecurities, I am still climbing the ladder of my own.

While you do so... please note that you are the reason I write in the first place! You are the reason I pour my heart, my pain, my feelings, my passion, and yes even my sensualism out in the words that are now littering the blog you read. I want you to see that there is a different way to see and feel things. I want you to see that you can hold on to your values, your faith, your beliefs, and still love and appreciate the differences and passions of those around you.

You can judge me. You can disprove. Some of you will likely be disappointed in what you do not understand... but I still love you. I will still write. I will still hope that my style will reach someone and fill their heart with laughter and hope, and passion, and desire to feel the world around them; not feel just sex but feel the very elements that as children they used to adore.

I have written on two different blogs over the past couple of years. I have guest written for several more for many different genres. I realize that getting used to some of my writings being mixed together for some will be a shocker. But truth be told I have always said I am very eclectic... and if you are open to yourself you will realize that you are not just a mom, not just a dad, not just a student... you are so much more than one label that you try to explain yourself to society as being.

I No Longer wish to write on two blogs and hide in two boxes. I love the romance of the name and concept I created on my creative writing blog, I love the concept that I created on my original blog, I hope that in the end my readers will come with me on my new journey as I mesh them together into one home on the internet.

With that being said I want to thank my returning readers who stuck with me for weeks and weeks, through surgeries, colds, pneumonia, depression, and my continued education. I hope you enjoy the new journey... and a stronger more confident writer... whom you contributed to.

WELCOME TO Sensual Ways...

-Shy Willow

No comments:

Post a Comment